Looking Back: 2013 [part I]

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Eeeeeep 2014 is in a few days. A FEW DAYS. It's always fun to make goals for the new year. Every year I make resolutions, whether or not I achieve them is another story. But I do enjoy setting goals for myself! Before I talk about my goals for 2014 I want to take a look back at 2013 just so I can remind myself of how far I have come to where I am today and how much I have grown throughout this year.

As I was writing this for the past 4 days….yes, 4 days….I realized that it was too much to take in at once. I figured it would be easier to break this up into three parts.

January


January started out great! I feel like this month is just refreshing for everyone. Mainly because of the resolutions and the beginning of a new start. I was totally feeling it and totally loving it. 

I decided to dress like Ruby Sparks for the day and it was one of the most fun things I have ever done! Wearing bright tights out in public does something to you, it makes you feel all cutesy and quirky. I recommend it.



February
This was the month when I created these felt candy hearts. This was my first DIY that I ever posted on this blog. I remember passing these out to my friends and they totally loved them. Each time I would whip them out people would say "awww Melissa". It's always fun to make peoples day by giving them simple little treats.

March

March was a very crazy month. It was the time where I thought I found something but it turned out that it was nothing. It was the first tiny heartache that I felt of 2013. Even though it was small, it did still hurt.
Because of that sadness I found myself looking for things to do in order to occupy my mind and I found the most beautiful garden in all of Houston.

April
April was a very good month. Things were starting to look up again and I began to start thinking of making changes for my future. I was scared but I knew that I was ready for big change. And you know, that scared girl in April who was freaking out about the future had no idea of how amazing those changes would be. I had no idea that I was going to achieve those goals. Oh I bet you're wondering what that big change was. Well I was beginning to realize that I was ready to change schools and get myself in debt with tuition costs. Actually the last part was a lie…thankfully I'm not in debt….yet.
Another reason why April was so good to me was because it was my 21st birthday! This birthday was  probably the best birthday that I ever had. So far being 21 has been one of the best years of my life. Hopefully I say that about every year for now on, but for real, being 21 is so much fun.
I went camping with two of my dearest friends and it was the best camping experience ever! The first time I went camping I thought I was going to freeze to death. No joke. But this time was really good and made me fall in love with the outdoors even more.

* * * * *

There you have it. The things that went down during the beginning of this year.
Be sure to check back for the next part.

Oh also, if you are doing a recap of what you did this year leave a link in my comments! I would love to see what you were up to this year :)


♥ misa

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I loved experiencing this year with you through your blog! :) I'm so glad we met (even if it was just online, hehe!)

    xo Madie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love that we are blogger friends :) This is why I love blogging so much, I can meet people from all over.
      Love you!

      xo

      Delete