Looking Back: 2013 [Part II]

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I'm back to share with you guys the eventful moments that took place in 2013. This time I'll be reminiscing about the summer months.


May

During May I was content. I was still thinking about changing schools; wondering if I was ready, if I would get accepted, and if I could handle it. I found myself hanging out at Starbucks more than often.
I guess my life was too content because little did I know that there was something hiding around the corner.
It was in May that I met someone and he was pretty great. Actually at the time I thought he was amazing. Of course, it didn't last long (we will get to that later) but at the time I thought he was perfect for me. Within that "relationship" that I had with him I learned a lot about who I am and what I wanted exactly. The ending of May was nothing but fun fun fun.

June
During June I didn't blog much because I was hanging out with a new guy and trying to juggle summer school, oh yeah and I was working at a snocone stand haha. I do however remember June being soooooo stressful with all the stuff I was trying to handle at once. I did learn time management though. But it was a beautiful summer month filled with lots of good things.

July
Oh July. July was the month of BIG changes. Me and that mystery guy ended things and man was I sad. I was broken on the inside. Thinking about it now it just seems silly at how sad I was, but time heals all wounds. I have a feeling though that I met him for a reason and he left for a reason. Looking back I am slowly beginning to realize what that reason was. Not only that, but this was the month where I got over a lot of my silly fears. For example, I hated being alone. I would literally have a panic attack if someone left me in a crowded place alone, even if I knew where I was. But this was the time where I was getting over these fears :)
While I was eating my small broken heart out with watermelons. I took the plunge and applied to University of Houston. I was so worried because I thought I had missed the deadline and figured I wouldn't get accepted and just over thought everything. Well it turned out that I almost missed the deadline but thankfully did not and I did in fact get accepted and I was SO HAPPY. I did not care any more about the negative thoughts that kept creeping up in my mind. I just followed my heart and did it. And my goodness it was the best decision that I made this year.
This was also the month when I created my "pinterest famous" (not really famous, but it's getting there!) pet flower collar. I'm still getting hits on this specific page all thanks to the sweet Megan from moonbeam wishes.

August


In August I made a list of nine things to do before I turn 30. I still need to achieve one of those goals!
I gave my bangs a pixie trim and felt like a fairy doll. I need to do this again. New idea, I need to do this when I dye my hair pink (*insert heart eye'd emoji*)
started classes at my new school and was totally in love. During the first few weeks of attending I knew that I made the right decision to transfer. It was at the perfect moment and everything seemed to fall into place without me having to stress too much. I guess when things are meant to be there will not be any kind of guessing and stressing. 
*****

I am just now realizing that these few months were the times this year where I was going through change and man it feels so great to see where I was then and where I am now. 

I'm so happy I chose to reminisce about this year! I recommend you going back and looking at how much you have changed through out the year. If you didn't write any of it down maybe next year you can invest in a journal or start a blog ;) It's fun to see how much you have grown. 



♥ misa

You Might Also Like

0 comments