Saturday, January 26, 2013
Have you guys ever seen the movie Ruby Sparks? If not, you need to stop what you're doing and go out to rent it or buy it because I promise you, you will love it. When I first saw it I fell in love. It definitely fits in the list of my top 10 favorite movies. One of the things that I love about the movie is how Ruby Sparks dresses, she had such a fun and cute sense of style and I quickly wanted to recreate the outfits. Sadly a couple months went by and I forgot about her until I was trying to figure out a new outfit to wear with the clothes that I already had. Then I noticed that I had an off white lace dress AND magenta tights. TA-DA! I had Ruby Sparks outfit and I didnt even know it! I'm not going to lie I was a bit afraid to wear such bright tights out in public that day but you know what, I did it and I had so much confidence in what I was wearing. So go out and wear you're bright tights and strut your stuff girl.
(by the way if you want to recreate other outifts by ruby sparks visit this website)
Monday, January 21, 2013
So one thing that I promised myself that I would do this year is smile more at people that I do not know. You know when you're walking down a hallway and you see someone coming towards you on the opposite side then you start thinking to yourself, "should I smile at them once they approach me? should I not? will this be awkward if I don't?" Maybe yall dont think that. But I do haha. Anyways when I see random people I want to always smile at them because you never know what kind of day they're having and your smile could brighten up their day. I was reading here and it said that practicing your smile is key to feeling comfortable with smiling more. So that is what I'm going to do. I am going to practice my smile in the mirror today until my mouth hurts, that way I can feel confident smiling at random strangers....and maybe even some hot guys that approach my way *cough*. Are you confident at smiling at random strangers? Or does it freak you out like it does for me?
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Hello you beautiful people. I hope all of you guys are having an amazing week, I certainly am now because I was nominated for the Liebster award! So basically this little token is a great way to reach other bloggers that have less than 200 followers and give them some lovin'. I need the lovin', haha. So these are the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left.
3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
The person who nominated me was my beautiful friend Elyse from A Simple Sparkle . Her blog is filled with yummy recipes, pictures, DIY's, and soon will be featuring posts from her stay in Ireland this spring. You should check it out!
Any who, here are my 11 facts:
- I can play the guitar
- I love the color pink. Probably a little too much
- I am scared of having all attention on me
- I can speak a bit of spanish and italian
- I love to bake
- I think I own too many dresses, then again, a girl cant own too many dresses
- My favorite band is (and will forever be) Eisley
- I first saw Eisley live when I was in the eighth grade
- I have been volunteering at a music venue for about five years now. I serve latte's, frappes, and smoothies
- I am 20 years old but on a daily basis get told that I look somewhere between 14-18 years old
- I love Jesus
My 11 questions:
1. Who was your favorite band when you were 13?
I was ob-freaking-sessed with Switchfoot. OBSESSED.
2. What is your favorite music artist now?
3. Where do you go or what do you do when you need some alone time?
Usually I go to my room and shut the door or I will go on a walk in my neighborhood
4. Where is the coolest place you have been?
Hands down - Peterhead, Scotland
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
My dream job would be owning my own bakery/coffee/tea shop. I have dreamt of this for about 3 years now.
6. Where do you want to live when you are in your 60's?
Anywhere that has all four seasons. But to be specific probably some small town in northern america.
7. What is your favorite article of clothing that you own?
This is SO hard! I honestly have no clue. I love everything in my closet but I guess if I had to choose it would be my yoga tights because I can where them at night, when I'm working out, or under a short dress.
8. Who was your favorite teacher in school?
Oh my gosh I was just thinking about this last night! It would have to be my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Henkes. She was so sweet and always had faith in me. She even used to send me letters after she moved from Texas. I wish I could find her and give her a hug!
9. If you had to go without one type of technology for the rest of your life what would you give up?
Ummm a clothing washer and dryer.
10. Where is your favorite place in the world?
Peterheeeeed, Scotland. Well pretty much anywhere in Scotland.
11. What is the greatest compliment you have ever received?
"you're so cute Melissa!"
My 11 questions:
1. Where did you grow up?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. What is your greatest fear?
4. Who was your childhood crush?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Where is your favorite place on this earth?
7. What is your best creative ability?
8. Who is your inspiration?
9. What makes you the most happiest?
10. Birds, bows, polka dots, or stripes? (could mean anything)
11. What is your favorite quote?
The bloggers I am nominating:
This was hard because I have only came across a few bloggers that have less than 200 followers the other blogs that I love have waaay more than 200.
There you have it!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
I know its already been a week into the new year but I already feel that I have accomplished more this week that I had last season. I guess its because I have been sticking to my new years resolutions. Haha jeez, its only been one week. I just hope that I dont lose this happiness and start slacking on my resolutions. But you know, I dont think I will because I do not want to lose this joy. I hope you all have a great second week of 2013.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Hello, hello! It has been forever since my last entry. Sorry. I have been SO busy these last couple of months. And most of us know that with busyness comes stress and you better believe I was filled with stress. I am so relieved that 2012 is over. Stepping into a new year is always so exciting and one of the most exciting things about a new year is creating resolutions. I made 10 this year and [hopefully] will achieve every one of them by the time 2014 comes along. Dang. 2014.
1. Redo my bedroom: My room needs new furniture so I am planning on selling all my current furniture in order to buy some cheaper items that are more useful to me. The stuff that I have now, I believe, is too bulky for my room
2. Be vegan once a week: Living down south and being hispanic - I knew this was going to be a hard one, but it is something that I have been thinking about doing for a while now. I am going to alternate through different days of the week that way each week will have a different day. I just hope those days dont fall on someones birthday party...or holidays. This is just going to be once a week, so it shouldnt be that hard. *crossing fingers*
3. Have some sort of adventure once a month: This one is going to be fun. I want to go out and explore somewhere I havent. This resolution is pretty vague. I can go anywhere out of town, in town, near town, and there is no time limit that I would be gone for. It could be for a day, weekend, or week. It just has to be somewhere that I have never been before.
4. Take more pictures: I need to take more pictures. I have never been a great photographer and I am not planning on becoming one. I just want to start documenting exciting and not so exciting things that happen in my life. I always have a camera around but I am just too lazy to whip it out and take a picture. So I am planning on taking one [or more] picture a day.
5. Devotional once a week: I need to do this. Towards the ending of this year I have seen myself slowly astray from my spiritual needs. This is not good, at all. I dont want to feel lonely this year and I have a feeling that this may happen. My best friend and I are going to do this one together. This resolution must be done.
6. Read twelve books (for fun): I sort of stole this one from my friend. But I stole it because its a good one! I want to read at least one book a month. Hopefully I can achieve this one.
7. BLOG MORE: Ahhh! This one I just have to do. I'm so tired of social networking sites, it always drives me crazy. As I said before, I feel that blogging is more personal and I can must express my creative side with everyone. I promise to blog more often. Even if no one reads this blog haha.
8. Eat alone more often: I finally ate by myself at a restaurant and felt okay about it. Trust me, this is a huge fear of mine that I conquered. I want to do this more often that way I can feel more comfortable about it.
9. Figure out some things: This resolution is a deep one. I want to figure out many things this year. For example, who I need to be in this life, what career I want to have, which people I still want in my life, and so many other deeper things. I am pretty much tired of the same life that I'm leading. This year needs to be the time of change and exploring other horizons.
*10. South Korea: Okaaaay, so this one is a maybe. I really want to go to south korea this summer to visit my cousin who is living there. It only depends on if I have the money in time and if my other cousin can come with me. I am definitely crossing my fingers about this one.
So there you have it. My resolutions and a little bit about each one.