Pet Flower Collar DIY

Monday, July 29, 2013

We all know that flower head bands are in. I mean why wouldn't they be? They are a freaking dorable. They are also extremely easy to make. Last year I came across this DIY on a simple way to create one.
Then this summer we got our kitten, Beemo, and once I found out she was a girl I flipped. Mainly because I knew that I was going to go crazy girlie on this cat. I thought, "why don't I turn this flower headband thing into a collar," so I did and well now you have this DIY.

Honestly, I pretty much copied the directions from Charlavail's blog. The only change that I made was instead of sewing the ends together, I just glued them.

Supplies Needed:

1. Scissors
2. Hot glue gun
3. Any bouquet of flowers (see Charlavail's blog)
4. 3/8" elastic (black or white) (see Charlavail's blog)

Directions:
1. You're going to want to wrap the elastic around your pets neck, make sure its not to tight. Then cut to the precise measurement.



 2. Once you have the measurement for the elastic band, gather your flowers and make sure that there is not a backing to them. See how in the picture below there is a little bit of plastic sticking out?



3. You are going to want to cut off any plastic pieces or stems but make sure that the petals are still intact to the flower.
4. Once you have your flowers ready to go, you are then going to grab your hot glue gun and glue the flowers to the piece of elastic in whatever pattern you choose. *Tip: It's wise to glue the flowers close together, that way when its wrapped around your pets neck you cannot see the elastic band.

5. Once you have your flowers in the layout that you want, glue one side of the elastic band to the other side.
6. Now your little collar is complete.

Hopefully your pet loves this little accessory....it's not my kittens favorite thing in the world but I think it's hilarious and ridiculously cute when she has it on. 




♥ misa

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. ohmygoodness!!! If this isn't the cutest thing!!!! I think I really need to make this for my cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aw I'm glad you like it! If you do make one take a picture to show me :)

      xo

      Delete