Sixteen Candles

Saturday, July 13, 2013

My sister turned 16 yesterday. Thinking about her getting older is crazy thought.
I'm so used to saying, "you cant do that because you're not even 16" well...now you're 16 Michelle and you can do that thing I told you not to do. But you still cant drink and smoke yet. Don't you ever smoke. Ever.

Having a sister is one of those things that I know God wanted everyone to have in their life. At least for me. This girl has been there for me through everything. She has always been a person to vent to when I'm feeling worthless and someone that will always come with me to places where I don't want to be alone. She's the best little friend ever. I cannot wait to see us 10 years from now talking about the memories that we shared together.

Remember that time that you helped me sneak out of the house? Or that time when I would force you to play teacher with me? Or when you coughed that meant a secret message that only you and I knew. That same conversation that we have with people when we tell them that we are sisters. Those looong life searching conversation that we have when we go on our walks. That time when you were teaching me how to be a runner.

16 is going to be the beginning of your life where you slowly see yourself becoming an adult. So get ready michelley welly.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your kitten is too cute! And your blog is lovely, it's very honest. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete