Nine More Years

Friday, August 02, 2013


I get a text from my cousin the other day that read, "you know what I just realized? We have nine more years until we are 30" I thought about it for a while. Nine years does seem like a long time away but I know that those years will fly by and will escape in a blink of an eye. I'm so happy to be in my early twenties, in fact I love being in this stage in my life. It's a time to explore who you are by learning new things and being adventurous. I also feel as though its the last years of your life where its okay to be a bit crazy and make stupid mistakes because after all, you are still young and learning about life.
I sat down that night and made nine goals to achieve before I turn 30. These are just some semi-crazy things that would make me step out of my box and into living life without any regrets. They do not have to be done in order or on a specific timeline, they just need to be done before I turn 30.

1. Master the art of baking macaroons: visit sucre in new orleans // sell 50 of them
2. Go skydiving
3. Visit Seattle: voodoo donuts // stumptown coffee // first starbucks
4. Dye my hair a crazy color for the summer or winter months: lavender // pink
5. Get the tattoo that I want in honor of my dad
6. Skinny dipping in a public place (at night of course)
7. Make my own wine
8. Go camping near a mountain
9. Kiss a total stranger

Some of these are pretty insane and out of my comfort level (umm #6 and #9) but I know that after I complete them I would have made fun memories and could say years later, "I did that while in my twenties...yeah I was stupid"

Haha or maybe I'm just completely insane.


♥ misa



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I absolutely love this stage of life too. It feels so freeing, without the insecurities of teenagehood. I feel like everyday I have the chance to consolidate a little piece of my character or just completely throw all my toys out of the pram and start all over again. I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You totally get it. This stage that we are in is the absolute best.

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. haha! Great list!! I def. want to dye my hair pink one of these days + get a couple tattoos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink hair is the loveliest. I wish I could have pink hair every day of my life!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. OH my, that is scary! I have 7 years left and I haven't even started on that wine!! hehe I think my 30-year-old bucket list would definitely have in it: buy a house, get a dog, have a child (SO SCARY! but I do want to be a young mum!) work at something I love doing, preferably having to do with event planning and design / décor and visit a place I never thought of before! Love your blog dear! I can't get over that pet floral collar!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw those sound like lovely goals! I think that the event planning would be the most fun.
      I am in total love with your blog as well!

      xoxo

      Delete