Basic Recipe: Omelet/Scrambled Eggs

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here is a secret: I am a horrible cook. I can never cook a good meal for my family. Every time I try something always ends up going wrong and I have to either order pizza or go get some fast-food. But...I am pretty good at baking, actually I'm pretty amazing at it. At least that is what my friends and family claim. Why was I gifted with such horrible cooking skills? I have no clue, but I am trying to fix this problem!

There is this diner in Houston called House of Pie that I love. My mouth is watering now just thinking about that place. They serve this omelet there called the "hangover omelet" and I always get it. Its vegetarian and one of my most favorite meals from any restaurant. The last time I was there I took note of everything that was in that omelet and I promised myself that I would recreate it at home and well, I did a pretty good job at it. 

This recipe is super simple. I have a feeling that every human knows how to make this, but the reason why I am posting it is because maybe there is someone out there that isn't a good cook (like me) and might want to try this out. Later on if you're feeling adventurous with this recipe, you can try adding different things to it and create your one of a kind omelet masterpiece. 

Hangover Omelet Recipe: 
serves 2
*I'm not a food photographer, so I'm sorry if these pictures are not the greatest. 

Ingredients: 
- four eggs
- one mushroom
- half of a tomato
- half of a green bell pepper
- a bit of onion
- salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of your eggs and set aside. 
2. Dice up the rest of your ingredients into small bite size pieces
3. Pour all of your ingredients that you diced up into your eggs and mix together.
4. Heat up your stove top to mid-high heat and pour the egg mixture into the hot pan.
5. [here is the part where I screw up] somehow you turn that ^^ into an omelet. Haha, I tried to flip one side over the other and I just couldn't do it! So that is why this turned into scrambled eggs. If you can master the art of flipping eggs over then you can turn this recipe into an omelet. If not then just scramble them up with a spatula and cook until all of the eggs look fully cooked. 
Add a bit of cracked pepper and salt to taste and ta-da! There you have it. 

This is an extremely simple recipe and can be changed to fit your taste. Maybe you could add cheese to it, potatoes, sausage, sriracha, or whaaaatever else your heart pleases. 

I may not be a good cook but I am slowly trying to practice more with these basic recipes and will hopefully be decent at some point in my life. 

♥ misa


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This sounds delicious!!! here's a tip for a successful flipping of the egg: make sure the pan is oiled over medium heat, cook until it's almost set at the top (the protein in the egg is what makes it stick to the pan, so once it's well cooked, it comes off easy!) same goes with fish, pan must not be medium heat / you need to leave it for a while (almost cooked all through) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I see now! Thank you so much for the tip! I am going to try it :)

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can successfully turn an omelet in to scrambled eggs. Each time it happens I talk myself into believing that I really did want scrambled eggs instead. :P

    -Sarah

    http://www.sarrrahgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah girl yes! You totally see what I mean now lol

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, looks tasty! I'm not that great at flipping omelets either, but what I usually do is put all the filling only on one side and then fold the empty side over :)

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have never thought about doing it that way! But I will try it like that if I cannot do it next time. Thank you!

      xoxo

      Delete