That Time When I Did Something Out of the Ordinary

Thursday, August 15, 2013

The other day I was having dessert with two of my favorite ladies and we got on the topic of hair. I'm not sure how it came up, I think we started talking about french girls and their hair or maybe it was about the movie Amelie, I dont know. Anyways, my friend tells me, "you could pull off the pixie fringe" I thought about it and was a little skeptical because it was something that I had never pictured myself in. I did not think I could pull it off. My sister gasps and says, "YES YOU CAN!"

So I did some research, gathered up pictures, and found a fun & quirky salon in the Houston area to create my new little hairdo. I was very nervous as the stylist started cutting my bangs shorter and shorter. I was sitting there thinking "this is a huge mistake, this is going to be a disaster" Then when she  revealed the new fringe I squealed and exploded with happiness because it was SO cute!
I love my new hair! Its so different and unique. I feel like some kind of red haired fairy doll (although sadly my red hair is from a box. Fairies can dye their hair too). I'm not even kidding, 10 minutes after I left the salon I did some shopping in the area and had a random woman come up and compliment my bangs. Ten minutes later! That was a record breaker for me!
The point that I'm trying to get across in this story is: go out and do something different that you would normally not do. Take the plunge and go for it. Ignore that nervous feeling and negative thoughts.

Well maybe before you do something different you should probably get opinions from at least 3 other people haha. If you get the okay from them then you can ignore those negative thoughts.

I'm so glad that I did something out of the ordinary.


♥ misa


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Yay! I love how it looks! :) great move lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your hair!! The color + bangs are super adorable!! And you really do look a lot like Amelie!! It is one of my favorite films and I wish I could pull off her hair (+ personality!) :) PS I love this outfit too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites also!! I think you could totally pull it off the pixie fringe too :)

      xoxo

      Delete