Camping Weekend

Monday, April 22, 2013


Over the weekend I went on a mini camping trip with two of my dear friends. I needed to have a new camping experience because the first time I had ever gone I pretty much thought I was going to freeze to death. That was one of the worst/most funniest memories that I will cherish forever. This second time  I had the best experience. In my eyes it was the definition of perfect. Although instead of staying in a tent we slept in a camper. Who cares. We still spent most of our time outdoors making s'mores, telling stories and laughing around the camp fire, exploring the woods, sitting by a lake having my morning coffee, and picking (pretty) weeds...and occasionally a black berry. I need to do it again.

This month I have learned that I love being outdoors. More than I thought I did. Maybe its the lovely spring weather that is making me want to spend more time outside or maybe its because I'm tired of spending my time cooped up in retail stores or Starbucks. All I know is that I am okay if I whined up living in a shack by the beach or a small house in a mountain surrounded by nature. Some of the happiest times in my life were spent outdoors looking at the beauty that the Lord created.

As I was driving to Coldspring, Texas I saw the most BEAUTIFUL place to watch the sunset. It almost took my breath away and my mouth dropped as I drove by. I almost pulled over just to watch it but I was trying to reach my destination before it got dark because I had no clue where I was going haha. I'm promising myself that I will go back to that exact spot to watch the sunset or sunrise sometime in my near future.

Well that was my weekend. Oh and today is Earth day. How convenient of me to have gone camping and fall in love with our Earth even more.

I love camping.

♥ misa

You Might Also Like

0 comments