On Bed Rest

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Okay I'm not really on bed rest. Well not like a forced bed rest. I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out on Monday morning and for the past two days I have been laying on the couch drinking chocolate milkshakes and watching the remaining seasons of Gilmore Girls and Bob's Burgers on Netflix. I'm not really complaining, I have an endless supply of milkshakes coming at me but I'm SO FREAKING BORED. I hate laying around doing nothing. I would go out but my jaw is swollen and it hurts to talk and laugh so I'm sparing the rest of society and staying indoors until I fully heal.
So this is one of those catch up posts. Basically posting pictures of the eventful things that I have been doing for the past few days. And my, my, my it has been eventful.

It all started last Friday. I had just turned in my final for one of my summer classes and needed to celebrate! All I can say is I'm so grateful for the friends that I have. They took me to get pizza and then we went on a trip to the Contemporary Art Museum (which is always freeeeeee)

^^ISNT IT SO BEAUTIFUL?! This was one of those moments where my heart was racing a little too fast when I was staring at this piece. But the colors and the emotion and the textures...its too much to handle. She is just so beautiful. 
^^friends <3

The next day was the Pride parade in Houston!! This was the first time I had ever gone and for a Pride virgin like me, there couldn't have been a more perfect time to attend! After all that happened with the Supreme Court and the changes that our country made. I am so happy about it all #lovewins !!!!! This year the parade started at night which made it "America's First Night-Time Pride Parade" 
^^We were waiting for the shuttle to pick us up and take us to the parade...turned out the shuttle was a party bus!! I had never been on a party bus before and my goodness that was a different kind of fun. I think I have a new love for party buses. Neon flashing lights and EDM music pounding? I never thought I would enjoy that but surprisingly I did. 

That has been my life for the past few days. Now I'm off to place some ice on my jaw cause I can feel that sucker starting to swell. Hope you all have a wonderful summer week. Welcome back July!

You Might Also Like

0 comments