ATX Pt. II

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Duuuuude life has been crazy hectic lately. So much has been going on recently. 
Many of it is good stuff and then there is this one thing that's not so good. I was running from it a few months back but it seemed to creep back into my life again. So while I try and continue running from the past, you can take a look at these pictures that I took while in Austin. 

***
We visited our Texas State Capitol and it was absolutely beautiful! Just being in the same building where our Texas laws get passed was something truly spectacular. It made me miss visiting Washington D.C.; I need to plan another trip to our nations capitol soon! 
***
South Congress St. was such a fun area to visit. We spent most of our time here visiting the shops and restaurants. I wish I would have taken more pictures walking down this street but I was trying to take it all in and live in the moment. There is just so much to do and see here; so many bright colors, fun interesting people walking around, hipster hobos playing their guitars, artists on the streets selling their work, it's just a fun area to hang out with your friends. 
***
THE ORGASMIC BURGER. LITERALLY THE BEST BURGER I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE. SO JUICY, SO CHEESY, SO WARM, SO FILLING, AHHHHHH. Many people suggested this place to me as well. One of my friends told me that they waited in line for two hours! I guess we were lucky enough to wait for an hour? The fries were also amazing. They were black truffle parmesan! ohmygod take me back. Btw, the place is called Hopdoddy if you ever feel like going. 
***
I also had the best omelet of my life at Cenote. I have no idea what was in this gem all I know is that it was vegetarian and made my tastebuds sing. I am a girl who loooooves a good atmosphere and this cafe was definitely my type of place. My sister and I came here every day of our trip! We both loved it that much. 
***
Right next to Cenote was this really cute juice bar called Ju Ju Juice. The man making the juices was so kind and extremely unique haha. We decided after one of our long days to head back over and order one of his juices. Honestly it was a bit too pricey but everything is supposedly fresh and organic. If you pay a little bit extra you can get your juice in a coconut shell, which was really cool. 
***
My sister snapped this picture of me reading by the pool. I was feeling totally awkward because, well, I always feel awkward when I'm around swimming pools, especially when there are hot guys around - which there were. But I just kept to my shy little self and continued reading. 
***
As soon as we were about to leave Austin I had a flat tire. Thankfully it happened right before we were about to hit the road. While we were stranded and praying for a miracle (because I cannot for the life of me change a tire) this nice couple asked if we needed help and thankfully the guy helped me change it. He then directed me to a repair shop down the road and it had the coolest mural painted in the waiting area. Even Austin's tire shops are freaking unique. 
***
Right after the tire drama we made our last stop to In-N-Out. This was the first time we had ever gone and it was pretty good. Not the best burger of my life (because nothing will ever top Hopdoddy) but I guess for the cheap price you pay, it was so worth it. And now I know why this place is so popular. 

Byyyyeeeeee.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i love austin! next time, we go together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mhmm. we are def going together next time bb.

      Delete