October is for Inspiration

Tuesday, October 01, 2013


I'm going to be completely honest here. The month of September was good to me, it could have been a little cooler, but other than that it was a great month. One thing that I did notice was that I began to lose my inspiration for things. Or I guess a better way of saying this is, I was not feeling inspired by anything. I was taking less pictures, making less things, reading less fiction, basically I found myself in a rut of not wanting to create anything. I actually noticed this yesterday. I guess the reason behind this is because I'm trying to focus on school. But still! I don't think that should be an excuse to not just soak in the beauty that I'm surrounded by. In my last post I said, "try and find beauty in all that you do today" I was doing that, but I wasn't doing it enough. Not feeling inspired by anything made me feel a little sad and empty.
So I have a question for those of you reading this (if any one is haha) what inspires you? Do you have a favorite photographer, writer, blogger, quote, etc? And how do you stay inspired? Especially when you're trying to focus on school, work, boyfriend, family, everything that goes on in our daily lives. I know that a lot of people who read this blog are bloggers. To my fellow blogger friends, how do you stay inspired to write and create?
A couple weeks ago Maddie from Girl Named Fiddy wrote a post about not finding anything to blog about. Now I truly understand what she was going through then.

I think for the month of October I'm going to take one picture a day. Something....anything, that inspires me for that day. I'll post some of them on instagram, some on this blog, and some I might keep for myself. Maybe by doing this I can learn to keep an eye out for things that I'm surrounded by and really will find beauty in all that I do that day.



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely struggle with staying inspired. I love reading different things on the internet, walking around hobby lobby aimlessly, talking with creative minded friends and when all else fails forcing myself to have quality alone time with photoshop/my camera which are my two biggest creatvie outlets.

    This past month was hard for me blog wise too. I wrote several posts but only a handful of them ever actually got published.

    I don't think there is a cure all but, I hope you get a little of your inspiration back ;)

    Sarah

    http://www.sarrrahgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I need to walk around Hobby Lobby, I think that will help me. I used to work there in my highschool days and I was ALWAYS dreaming of different things I could create. I also agree with you on the camera part. I need to just whip it out and start taking pictures.

      Thank you! You are so sweet :)
      xoxox

      Delete