Before The Flood

Wednesday, May 27, 2015


Incase you don't watch the news, Houston has some major Noah's Ark stuff going on right now. Things have been a little hectic but thankfully I live in north Houston where there hasn't been any flooding, just gallons and gallons of rain falling from the sky. It's annoying and definitely has been affecting my mood. I'm a girl that needs to see sunshine. I'm not sure when the rain will stop because from the looks of it...its not going to end any time soon.

Anyways, last week my friend took me to JPMorgan Chase Tower in downtown Houston. He is a photographer and knows all of the cool places to get aerial shots of the city. He is known for sneaking into buildings and going to the roof top just to get the perfect shot. I on the other hand wanted a safer and legal alternative to looking at the best view of our city, because I'm a chicken and I love the having a clean record. It was totally free and (I didn't know this at the time) a tourist attraction as well. There was a family from France standing next to us and I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. I couldn't understand a word they were saying but listening to their voices create beautiful flowing words was definitely a highlight.

I'm not sure what my summer is going to be looking like this year because of the classes that I'll be taking. So I figured that I would pretend to be a tourist and revisit some of my favorite spots in Houston as well as new places I have never been before. This little trip was perfect for me. If you ever find yourself here in h-town I highly suggest coming here!



You Might Also Like

0 comments