On Turning 23

Wednesday, April 01, 2015


In officially five days I will finally turn 23. Its an age that I have been waiting for...well for the past few months. It's a strange feeling to crave a day as much as I want this one. The reason being is because I have many things to look forward to in the future. It's so much that it stresses me out and honestly, gives me anxiety. 
But it is all so very exciting.
22 has been so good to me though. I guess you could say that this past year was the beginning of me classifying myself as an “adult”. The main reason being is because so many questions that I have been wondering about had finally became clear. They were the big questions that I had been stressing over for a couple years. But this past year showed me clarity. Now don’t get me wrong, I am still freaking out about many things…hence the anxiety that I’m feeling at this moment, but it’s because of me realizing what I need to do in order to accomplish all of these tasks on my forever long to-do list.

This past year I made many stupid mistakes but learned more about who I am in order to fix these things. I also made some of absolute best memories and met some incredibly amazing people. These people will forever be engraved into my heart. All of my new found friendships, long talks with strangers, tears, photographs, hugs, reuniting’s, cuddles, laughs, heartbreaks, haircuts, road-trips, inside jokes, new knowledge, smiles, writings, and list can go on forever, will always be apart of this beautiful year. I cannot wait to see what 23 throws at me. I do for a fact know that this age will bring many challenges and learning new things on “how to become an adult” but I am soooooo ready for this.

So until April 5 gets here, I'm going to try my best and have the best last few days being 22 and patiently wait until that hour comes when I will officially be another year older. 

Eeeeek, I cannot wait :) 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I waited until today to leave a comment! ^^ Happy happy birthday! What does it feel like to be 23? I can't wait to be your age because to me it seems like the age where you are still young enough to be childish and irresponsible, but old enough to take matters into your own hands. I hope the following year will be kinder to you and that you'll meet as many (or more) amazing people as last year and that you build upon your existing friendships with much pleasure. :) Don't be afraid: 23 promises happiness!
    Xo Yasmine//Chasing Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so so SO very sweet!! I'm sorry that I am so late on the reply :/
      Thank you for the sweet birthday message! I am so looking forward to this next year of life.
      And you're right about it being an age where I can still act childish and yet mature all at the same time. Its a wonderful time of life.
      Thank you again! :) xo

      Delete