The Haircut

Sunday, December 14, 2014



Sometimes you need to just take a break from all forms of social networking.
I took a small break from this little blog, instagram, and snapchat. For the past couple of years I would fast from whatever it was that I was addicted to in the month of January. Normally it would be Facebook. Since I deleted that I'm now stuck with my one true love instagram. Well I was feeling the need to take a small break from all things that I share my life on. I think that we all need to do that every once in a while. I'm sure when January shows up I'll end up fasting Instagram for the full month...or sweets. Because goodness, I'm addicted to sugar.

Anyways. I had my interview that I was talking about in my last post and TOTALLY ROCKED IT! I was not expecting the building to be as nice as it was when I arrived and I felt super intimidated by being there because it was very classy and professional. My interview was just amazing. The people seemed to really like me and that made me feel really good about myself. Normally during interviews I get all nervous and awkward but I was feeling so confident that my nerves seemed to melt away. It was amazing. I sure do hope that I get to work there sometime within the next year. It could be in the summer, or the fall, or maybe not at all haha. But it would be a nice change to the early 4 am starbucks shifts and dealing with crazy customers who yell at you because you didn't put white mocha drizzle on top of their drink. Even though your drink is not supposed to come with the drizzle and you didn't pay extra for it so I'm not going to put it on. Then you cause a scene and for the first time I get feisty with a customer and could care less because deep down inside I know that I'm saving you from diabetes. But if you want diabetes then go right on ahead and keep yelling at your future baristas for something so stupid as not drizzling chocolate on your drink. Ugh people.
But I do really enjoy working at starbucks. As I have said before it has been one of the best part time jobs I have ever had.

For the past couple of weeks I have been feeling pretty low about some of the choices that I have been making in certain situations. Not that they were bad or anything but I was trying to be someone that I'm not and it started to hurt me deep down inside. So I decided that I needed to change this. I cut contact with some people who were causing these troubles and feel as though this gigantic weight has been lifted off from my chest. There is still a small bit of pain there but only time can heal it. My emotions have just been going crazy lately and I needed to take time to myself and listen to my heart. So I woke up one last thursday and decided that I needed some sort of change that would signify breaking up with these choices that I had been making. I thought a haircut would do just the trick. And I absolutely love it.

Cheers to short hair & being able to pull it off
& cheers to new beginnings and making the right choices

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. It's really, really hard to cut people out of your life, but in my experience, every time I have has been for the best. I cut my best friend since fifth grade out of my life last year because it had become a highly toxic relationship where she constantly put me down. She got into a new relationship and completely and got so much worse. She stopped talking to be because I had "become an obnoxious combative feminist," which was funny because I always had been. ;) Eventually she and her husband only posted on my Facebook wall to disparage me or what I posted, so I took the plunge and deleted them off Facebook.

    Honestly, I miss her all the time, but I miss the friend that she used to be. I miss that we used to sleep in her bed when I slept over, and that we cuddled on the couch. I could be completely honest with her and she never used to judge me. But I have to come to grips with the fact that that's not who she is anymore, and maybe I've grown up a bit too. I don't deserve to be treated with disrespect by people who are supposed to be my friends.

    Anyway, point being, it was a good thing that I cut her out of my life. I'm better because of it. I hope you are too. :) <3

    xo Madie
    girlnamedfiddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank goodness you cut her out of your life. True friends don't do something like that, they are supposed to support you in all that you do and and what you believe in.

      I'm sure that she will always cherish those memories of you two together from the past years.
      But I agree with you 100% and I do feel much better!

      Thank you for always being so sweet Madie :)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm liking the new hair :) & welcome back!

    Reagan
    hellonvmbr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete