Just The Week

Thursday, November 06, 2014




This week served me well. Extremely well.
It all started on Monday. Over the weekend I was working on this giant painting project and was so nervous to turn it in. It was three pieces which incorporated supplies from a hardware store, some of our favorite patterns, food wrappings, and we had to get our inspiration from a famous artist. I chose Sigmar Polke.
Those are my three creations. I painted on the largest canvas ever….well for me it was massive (36x48in). The smaller painting was inspired by the artist Matisse.
I'm an art student right now and haven't done a very good job at showing off my work on this blog and on every other social networking platform that I have. The reason, as stated before, was for negative judgement. Well what the freaking hell I need to get over it. So this is the start of me putting my artwork out there for random weirdos to see. Not that I'm calling my readers weird, but I mean, there has to be at least one weirdo reading this thing constantly. And by weirdo I mean creepy stalker guy. Cause I have had some of those in my past. Hello creepy stalker guy.
Anyways, I am SUPER PROUD of how all three turned out. I will post larger photos of each painting soon. annnnd I guess I'll post pictures of my other paintings from my last project.




I have been on a chai kick lately. For the past three weeks I have been drinking chai tea every. single. day. My friend told me that this ice cream parlor has a chai flavored ice cream that they made and of course I needed to check out this creation. It was heavenly. The ice cream was not only chai, but coconut AND dairy free!!!!!! I mean what more could I have wanted in ice cream?!
Oh by the way, the place is called Fat Cat Creamery. Really? The name has the word "cat" in there and they have cat pictures everywhere. This is pretty much the closest thing to Houston having its very own cat cafe. Man it is just too good to be true.

Oh yes, another reason why this week was good is because I made an A on this paper that I was working on and also scored an A on the test for the very same class. Basically I'm going to get an A at the end of the semester and basically I'm going to throw confetti and glitter at everyone that walks past me because we all just need to party about this.

Ohhh and how could I forget to mention that its also November which means No Shave November for men and that means by the end of this month I'm going to be basking in the glory of bearded men on every corner of Houston *insert emoji with happy face wearing sunglasses*
Picture from here: mensroom.tumblr.com

& Thanksgiving is this month. Aaaaaah November you are off to a very good start. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments