Little Squirrel,

Thursday, October 01, 2015


Thanks for keeping me company while I was having a strange day.
My day wasn't going completely bad per se. 
I was just in a weird mood and found myself doubting everything - 
Talking myself down, telling myself that I wasn't good enough, I wasn't capable of succeeding with some things that I'm dealing with right now. 
Relationships & school work.
But then you came along and brought a tiny bit of joy and laughter. 
I found myself laughing hysterically and the sight of having a squirrel plant its baby ass directly on my lap. 
You just wouldn't quit. You were a persistent little thing. 
You would have probably clawed your way up my chest and face just to grab the peanuts that I luckily had stashed in my bag.
Then, in that hilarious moment, you taught me a lesson:
Dont quit, you are good enough.
I guess I need to start being as persistent as you were with those nuts.
And of course I am good enough because you chose to annoy me.

Right after you left - fully satisfied from all the peanuts - 
I RSVP'd for something that I was scared about,
I sent an email that I was nervous about,
I finally said no to that person,
and then said yes to the other person.
I was making these scary decisions that I had been putting off for a while now. 

So thank you little obese squirrel. 
Thanks for choosing to walk on me and showing me this lesson. 
I'm not sure if you were a gift from God, my dad, or just a coincidence in which I thought too much about. 
You certainly were cute and just what I needed. 
Hopefully I'll see you again little mamma. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments